Tech Note Dec 1994
Technical Notes from Dr. Mel Giberson, P.E. – TRI President
Looking Forward to 1995
TRI’s Mission: Past, Present and Future
- To control the vibrations of rotating machinery via suitably designed products and/or services: Babbitted journal and thrust bearings; CAM/CNC products such as impellers and fans; new, rebuilt and upgraded assemblies such as fluid drives.
- To improve the customer’s process operating efficiency, availability, and reliability.
- To work with our customers to “remove problems for their maintenance lists.”
- To use highly skilled engineers and technical personnel, and only the best materials and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment.
- To develop new products and services to meet the changing needs of our customers.
- To operate TRI with an Engineering “bottom line.”
- To offer reasonable pricing for the high quality standards of TRI’s products and services which our customers know, respect, expect and deserve.
OBJECTIVES of TRI’S personalized Fax Letters
- To provide insight into technical problems or subjects of braod interest to the Rotating Machinery Industry today.
- To discuss symptoms of and concerns about the problem, as well as the causes and cures.
- To provide a “clearinghouse” for information to assure users/owners/operator that a specific vibration problem, bearing damage problem, or difficult operating characteristic is not likely to be unique to their equipment. Others, almost always, are experiencing/have experience the same problem. In addition, proven solutions are presented and discussed.
Past Copies of the TRI personalized Fax Letters are available
June – Steam Turbine Journal Bearings
July – Does your Rotating Equipment Eat Bearings
August – TRI Recent Patents
September – Sliding Pressure Operation
October – A Reality Check for the Rotating Machinery Industry Today
November – Bearing Designed for Large Vertical Misalignment Conditions.
If you would like a copy of any or all of these, please let us know. Call us as (800) 363-8571.
Future editions will address case histories, upgrades, retrofits, and new technologies to solve existing problems.
We would like to update your Fax Number and Mailing Address in our records.
Please advise us of any change in Fax Number of Mailing Address for you and your associates.
Seasons Greetings to All of Our Customers. Thank you for your business.
Over 15,000 MW of Electrical Generation Depend Upon TRI Bearings
Tel: 610-363-8570 or 800-363-8571 Fax: 610-524-6326 EMail: email@example.com www.turboresearch.com
TRI Answers phone calls, returns e-mails and responds to fax inquiries